Tuesday, September 4, 2012

All studies so far on the use of Latisse for Alopecia Areata


We have those four studies plus a last one from Universital Hospital Virgen Macarena, Sevilla, Spain on the use of Bimatoprost that says that  24.32% of subjects showed a complete regrowth, moderate growth was reported in 18.91%, slight growth in 27.02% whereas no response in remaining 29.72%.

So the numbers are good and there are reasons to be optimistic.  The two main studies say that almost half of the people will get a complete or moderate growth. There is a lot more to study and of course better studies to be done, but again, my personal opinion is that it worths trying. I am doing that, lets see :).

Before my dermatologist suggested me to use Latisse I read different comments on forums on the Internet, and I can say that the numbers match what I have read in the studies. There is a 50-50 recommendation on the use of Latisse by people with total or partial alopecia on the eyelashes. But please, consider that it requires time, I am going to give it at least 24 weeks, that is 6 months, if it has not worked in those six months, then I can say that it doesn't work for me. If I get my lashes back, I cannot assure that Latisse has worked but I would be quite satisfy :). Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment