Saturday, September 29, 2012

(Unofficial) Cure for Alopecia Areata II -plum blossom needle



This is an interesting video about a girl describing the use of the plum blossom needle for alopecia areata. It was working for her but she didn't give any more feedback. As I wrote I think this little seven star hammer could be of some use as a cure for alopecia areata for people with just a few spots, but I think (and again I am not a doctor of any type) that this is not a solution for areata totalis or universalis. It can probably "cheat" the immune system for a while and definitively bring some blood to the scalp, but my guess is that after a while the immune system will again "attack" the hair. As I wrote yesterday, it is also working for me in the scalp pretty well and I will post some pictures after 6 weeks of use. I started using it in the beard but I started a week later and 2 weeks is not enough to see results. Be aware it is a bit painful.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i too came across this video and found it interesting . The use of the plum blossom hammer along with chinese herbs and acupuncture is seen as an alternative to traditional medical treatment. As im also having this treatment i can say that it can take a while but you need to stay positive . chinese medicine is sometimes scoffed at by those unwilling to accept different treatments . i lost my scalp hair in 2004 after a bereavement and now im seeing some progress after starting TCM in january 19. to cover yourself you may also like to consider the AIP diet which removes the foods that can trigger the inmmune system into over drive. TCM advice is to stick to bland foods and plenty of warm water . the discomfort from the hammer is bearable if you consider the benefits .

    ReplyDelete